In today’s reality, baldness is a common ailment in middle-aged men. For some, it starts in their 30s and develops to its maximum stage by the age of 40. It’s normal for older people to have thicker hair. But the observation of such a symptom in young men in their 20s–25 years — Is an alarming signal that calls to think about what problems may have led to thinning. The appearance of even small baldness is evidence of the beginning of a pathological process in the body. How to prevent and stop alopecia — In this article, consider the causes and treatments for hair loss on the head in men.
Factors of occurrence
The thinning of strands does not happen spontaneously, it is preceded by a whole complex of reasons. In most cases, heredity and hormonal background have an impact, but there are other common reasons for the development of the ailment:
1. Abrupt weight loss of strict diets;
2. Immune system disorders, viral or infectious diseases;
3. Adverse environmental factors, poor ecology;
4. Endocrine system malfunctions;
5. Constant temperature fluctuations;
6. Diabetes mellitus;
8. Surgical operations performed under general anesthesia;
9. Poor blood supply to the scalp;
10. Improper nutrition;
11. Lack of vitamins and minerals;
12. Bad habits;
13. Iron deficiency anemia;
14. Regular stress, severe emotional distress;
15. The use of drugs for the normalization of blood pressure, steroids and diuretics, antidepressants;
16. Radiation and chemotherapy.
Types of male pattern baldness
Depending on the symptoms and manifestations, alopecia is divided into certain types.
Happens more often than others — In 90% of all cases. It is characterized by the hair becoming thinner only on the head, but the eyebrows, beard, and eyelashes remain unchanged. In some cases, separate areas appear where hair growth is, on the contrary, intensified. The optimal treatment is mesotherapy. It has six stages:
1. Thinning begins on the forehead;
2. Then a bald area resembling a triangle is formed;
3. Areas without hairs become deeper and more prominent, and pockets of hair loss begin to form on the vertex;
4. A rounded area appears, where the fuzz grows, along with this increases the affected areas;
5. The area of the vertex and forehead gradually merge, leaving only small areas with hair;
6. Complete loss of vegetation.
Varieties of this type of alopecia. Distinguishable:
● Horseshoe — Alopecia begins at the forehead;
● socket — Areas form without order, after which a horseshoe-shaped baldness gradually develops;
● mixed appearance.
In this case the curls are not properly nourished, so they become brittle and lifeless. They fall out even with minimal touching and mechanical damage. Telogen production disorders can be caused by lack of sunlight, a general weakening of the body as a result of an illness or taking strong medications, hereditary or congenital pathologies. The disorder may develop gradually or occur immediately.
Here, the hair roots are damaged, resulting in rounded bald spots on the head. In some cases, old areas gradually overgrow and new areas emerge instead. This type is treated with the use of immunosuppressants, which block the action of the body’s cells that destroy the follicles. This type most often affects dark tresses that contain high levels of pigment.
The final stage of alopecia. When the disease becomes serious, men not only lose head hair but hair from the rest of the body as well. The process can last from a couple of months to several years, along with it the nails are spoiled and destroyed. In this development, only a transplant can correct the situation.
Appears after exposure to certain factors, such as prolonged stress, a course of antibiotics, receiving a dose of ionizing radiation. It does not exist independently, separately from the other types, most often it accompanies the androgenetic type. Main characteristic — Every day a member of the male sex loses up to 100–120 hairs. To be completely cured, you need to protect yourself from adverse factors that may have caused the development of the pathological process.
Occurs less frequently than the others. Today, only every case can be attributed to this type. The follicles are irreversibly damaged and gradually replaced completely by connective tissue, i.e. scarring occurs. The most common cause — Scalp infections. Therefore, if you start treatment in time, the hair can be saved and gradually restored. The characteristic feature is that the follicle completely atrophies and ceases to function. Transplant — The only effective treatment.
Stages of alopecia
Acute forms and scar type alopecia have no pronounced stages. In all other cases, all other cases are distinguished:
1. The first signs are. Initially, the locks become thinner and noticeably thinner. You cannot visually see any abnormalities in the coverage, but a lack of overall volume and mass is evident.
2. Noticeable manifestations. From the first stage to the second, several months or even years pass. However, the result is the same — Bare and strandless areas appear on the scalp, and the remaining hairs at the temples and occiput become thin and lifeless, losing their natural shine and beauty.
If you notice areas of «Cannon», Sparrows, bald patches and other imperfections instead of once rich and luxurious hair, it is necessary to think about the state of your health and urgently look for the mechanism that triggered the pathology. However, the signs listed — Evidence of an activated process that has taken a pronounced course and is picking up speed.
However, there are also cases when a person, after seeing a minimal loss, begins to panic and worry. In fact, a normal person loses a certain proportion of his or her hair cover every day. Typically, it is up to 150 units per day. It is important to separate the norm from the pathology, and if you identify alarming signs, promptly contact specialists.
On average, one hair lasts for 3 years–7 years. At the end of this period, it falls out and a new hair appears in its place. If you notice that after using a comb some units remain directly on it, or you find them on the pillow after sleeping, there is no need to worry — it does not indicate the development of alopecia and is not proof of disease. Also remember that our strands do not grow at the same time, they are constantly renewed. But there is a constant reserve on the head, 90 percent or more — it never depletes.
Before looking for an answer to the question of what helps with hair loss in men, you need to determine if you are actually going bald. Analyze your current condition. You can do this with the simple tests described below:
1. Examine the skin carefully — Whether you are starting to get bald spots.
2. Pull on your curls — they should not come off easily.
3. Inspect your clothes, your pillow after you sleep, the back of your desk chair, your couch, your coat. How many hairs you are losing and how regularly they appear there.
4. Observe yourself during the washing procedure. Whether large strands remain in the drain hole. Continue to monitor this for 2–3 weeks to confirm or deny the development of the pathology.
5. Gently brush your hair. Examine individual units carefully if you see a white tip on them — It is necessary to raise the alarm and start taking action, because this means the loss of vegetation together with the root. This is usually a direct symptom of alopecia.
What to do in case of hair loss in men in the first place
To diagnose and determine its stage on your own at home is impossible. For this purpose, it is necessary to visit a number of specialists:
A therapist — For general tests (blood, urine) and an initial consultation;
A therapist ● A trichologist — Trichogram to diagnose the condition of the hair;
Dermatologist — Conducting scrapes and biopsies to examine for skin infections;
Endocrinologist — for monitoring hormone levels.
You must consult an experienced physician. The doctor will perform the necessary set of tests to assess the current condition and develop an optimal treatment plan.
After the diagnosis, the doctor is involved in determining the cause of the ailment. The therapy will be aimed at their elimination, but not at the signs of the disease manifestation.
If hair loss is not associated with serious disorders in the body, you can apply general strengthening drugs. An excellent solution is the use of Selencin, which is sold as a tablet, and a stimulating spray. The product has proven to be highly effective in the fight against baldness due to a list of benefits:
1. It makes it possible to stop the hair loss within 2 months.
2. Addresses the root cause and not the manifestation.
3. Stimulates the growth of new locks and allows you to recover.
4. It has a restorative effect, normalizes the life cycle.
5. Performs intensive nutrition and strengthening.
In addition, there are many universal remedies on the market that are suitable for both men and women. For maximum results, however, the doctor prescribes a course of treatment depending on your condition. Alopecia is often a symptom of an underlying disease, treating which manages to defeat baldness.
What is forbidden in alopecia
You have learned how to treat and fight hair loss in men, now let’s analyze what you should not do in any case. It is necessary to protect yourself from the effects of adverse factors listed at the beginning. Normalize your diet, make it balanced, eat at the same time.
Have a normalized immune system, hormone synthesis. It is also necessary to minimize stress and stress levels. It is also not recommended:
Overdoing it, working up a sweat.
Maintain a strict diet.
Stay on a strict diet ● Leave a warm room in the freezing cold — Sudden changes in temperature can trigger a pathological process. Wearing a hat can help reduce the effects of hypothermia.
Comb your hair briskly and brush it hard with a towel after showering. Such mechanical damages have a negative effect on the condition of the curls.
Alopecia Prerevention for Men
To avoid the problem — Keep yourself busy at all times. The following tips will help in this:
1. Dry your head as gently as possible, do not rub the skin. Otherwise the follicles are damaged.
2. Do not tug or traumatize the strands during combing or other procedures that involve mechanical action. You can do a lot of damage to your hair this way.
3. Avoid wearing wigs and synthetics. Synthetic materials prevent proper air exchange of the skin, which leads to the development of dandruff and baldness.
4. Another tip — Use the right shampoo and conditioner for your hair type. It is not advisable to store around for the most affordable products — This can cause significant problems.
5. Don’t wash your hair too often. This removes the natural protective layer of the strands and disturbs the fatty glands that protect the hair from the adverse environmental factors.
6. Avoid chemically harsh products, like dyes. If you want to change the color, use hair dyes based on natural ingredients.
7. Keep track of your nutrition — Calculate your daily protein, fat and carbohydrate allowance. Always provide food rich in vitamins, minerals, and trace elements.
Take care of your locks regardless of gender and age, this will help to maintain a healthy shine, elasticity and volume as long as possible.
Now you know how to slow down and stop hair loss in men and how you can avoid adverse effects. Stay healthy and look beautiful!