Many people who have had COVID-19 experience severe hair loss. Drugstore remedies won’t help.
Hair loss may not begin immediately: sometimes a person detects signs of this process three to four weeks after the onset of a coronavirus infection, and sometimes — Two months after recovery.
After COVID-19, hair growth can be restored without medical attention only in a few. Whether it happens or not depends on the age and health of the patient. It is more likely that the density of hair will be the same in a young person than in an older person, she clarified.
Only some people regain their hair growth on their own. Other patients (after COVID-19) develop other diseases.
To stop hair loss, you need to contact a specialist who will make an accurate diagnosis, find out what elements the body lacks, and then prescribe a full-fledged treatment. Conventional products to stimulate hair growth in the face of postcompression syndrome may not help. Therefore, trying to keep your hair on your own by purchasing one or another product at the drugstore can only lead to futile expenditures.
A large proportion of patients have substance deficiencies in their tests, which will give a more intense "hair loss". A specialist will prescribe a complete therapy with medications, vitamin complexes, micronutrients. There are patients who are even prescribed injections. And external therapy — as an accompaniment. This treatment can only be prescribed by a doctor. All the more so because the usual medications for postcovid syndrome work in a completely different way.
Not infrequently, when examined, people who have had a coronavirus infection are diagnosed with androgenic alopecia or scarring, in which hair growth stops altogether.
During the pandemic, people who had COVID-19 became frequent patients of trichology doctors.
Hair after covid. To be or not to be?
Among the severe consequences and lesions from covid was not immediately noticed what at first no one even suspected. But the problem has literally started to catch on: Hair loss after coronavirus. In addition to the shock of the disease itself, those who recovered (primarily women) experienced a new shock. «Sprouting hair in bunches», «whole tufts remain on the comb», «lost her beautiful curls», — Such desperate reviews have begun to appear on beauty and trichology forums. So how does pandemic «combed» entire countries and continents in their turn in the midst of 2021? And are.
Covid hangs by a thread. On all sides…
Re Covid and hair loss Medical science addressed as early as mid-2020. The research, which has sparked increased interest, was conducted by the National Center for Global Health and Medicine from Japan, which in vaccinating 6.4% of the population ranked last in the world in the number of deaths. The work of Natalie Lambert’s team (Indiana University, USA), in collaboration with a community organization, is known «Survivor Corps», whose name in connection with Covid-19 speaks for itself. Medics in China, the U.K. have done their part. However, the results of the scientific delve into the «Coronavirus on hair» have proven to be quite moderate. Strictly speaking, the physicians of the world have collectively done the following:
- Have identified and outlined the problem. Covid, in addition to its known effects on the cardiovascular system, lungs, respiratory tract, affects the scalp and its hairy part. Persistent symptoms «truckers» (т.е., Survivors, in American terminology) refer specifically to sore skin and hair loss. In the overall list of symptoms, these manifestations rank 21 out of 50 noted. At least a quarter of those who have had the disease in 1.5-2 months or sooner begin to go bald (mostly men). Against the background of directly life-threatening effects, these manifestations are in the background. But during rehabilitation, they become very important in terms of restoring quality of life.
- Identified side causes of covid baldness. It has been suggested that people lose their hair not from the disease virus itself, but from the stress and nervous shock of fighting the coronavirus. Thus, there have been cases of loss of vegetation in medical personnel who were not infected but were caring for COVID-19 patients. And also due to general toxicity of the body. Strongly weaken the tissues of hair follicles, which are, in fact, rapidly dividing cells, antibiotics and drugs administered to the infected virus. Which, alas, in the course of treatment simply cannot be avoided.
- A new hypothesis has been suggested.Specifically — on the effect of androgen receptors on the severity of coronavirus infection. Because some studies have clinically significant rates of alopecia in men – Up to 71%, exceeded «state», Constituting no more than 60% even at older ages (under 50 years of age – less than 40%).
- Deficit of effective care. In particular, surveys of Americans have shown that going to doctors is often ineffective. Physicians are unable or unwilling to help patients with lesser-known (hair loss) symptoms of COVID-19 because of a lack of proper research and established medical practice Treatment of hair after coronavirus.
With all due respect to scientific thought and research, all of this suggests that the recovery of post-coitus hair loss will be left to practitioners. Which in many cases will have to act without ready-made prescriptions. Since new therapeutic targets — proteins or RNA capable of suppressing prolapse, which can be affected by chemicals or drugs capable of suppressing the disease, have not yet been discovered.
Getting rid of post alopecia in the RTH Clinic
For a variety of reasons, our clinic is extremely prepared to offer exactly this kind of help to recovered men and women. This does not refer to some mystical foresight and is not a marketing ploy that some experts resort to, speculating on the confusion of people losing their hair «on the flatbed». We’re just ready for it objectively. Here’s why.
- EXPERIENCE. Trichology has been practiced at the clinic since 2000. The total number of those spared from baldness is comparable to the number, for example, of residents of the Arbat district in Moscow or such towns in the Moscow region as Istra, Shatura, Shcherbinka near Moscow. Seniority of each specialist (trichologists-dermatologists) more than 15 years, the doctors have international certificates, are members of international and domestic associations of trichologists. It is this experience (as well as a careful study of scientific studies and statistics) that today suggests that pandemic hair loss is most often the result of diffuse telogenic alopecia or (less frequently) focal alopecia. Which, first of all, lend themselves to an almost hundred percent cure, which, and this is the second, in our clinic is perfected.
- THE PRACTICE OF ABNORMAL SITUATIONS. In our practice, we have had to deal with alopecia associated with respiratory and acute infectious diseases, in a sense adjacent to covidal attacks. Positive result of their «elimination» – up to 90%.
- DIAGNOSTICS AND METHODOLOGY. Traditional specialized (trichoscopy, phototrichogram, method of review photographs) and the most modern diagnostic methods are used. For example, to quickly determine the type of hair loss, density and vitality. As for the treatment methodology, it is necessarily a complex. The algorithm includes a combination of medicinal and cosmeceutical (cosmetics and pharmaceuticals that improve the appearance) drugs, injectables, physical therapy techniques, peels, massage treatments and others. We not only use well-known medications, but also innovative ones that go beyond the current understanding. We are talking, for example, about drugs that are the result of synthesis of clinical experience of RTH, the Korean institute Garegen and the Italian pharmaceutical laboratory Ambrosia Lab. Which our patients have been receiving for years.
What to do in case of hair loss after coronavirus
While the medical practice in the post nesting hair restoration is not established, you should not be fooled by the loud promises and unexpected pop-ups (and there will definitely be some) «magic» Drugs that are not clinically or otherwise seriously tested. Therefore, it is necessary to:
— Go to specialists with a solid reputation and experience;
— Alopecia of this kind is treated in principle, both in women and men, and with a rather optimistic prognosis;