Healthy thick hair – Everyone’s ornament. But in addition to their aesthetic role, they also serve as a kind of indicator of health. It is not uncommon for hair to begin to fall out with hormonal disorders, various illnesses. The cause of their loss may be a lack of vitamins (hypovitaminosis). Vitamins for hair loss will help to return the hair volume and density. But before using them, it is necessary to determine the exact cause of alopecia.
Symptoms of hypovitaminosis
The condition is caused by a lack of useful substances in the body. In addition to hair loss, hypovitaminosis has other signs.
Pathology can be suspected if:
- The skin has become dull, dry;
- The tips of the hair are shredded and the hair itself looks lifeless;
- nails become brittle;
- Cracks formed in the corners of the lips;
- Bleeding of the gums;
- Fatigue, apathy, and a feeling of tiredness are constant.
It is possible to improve the condition by replenishing the necessary vitamins and minerals.
Hair loss after the coronavirus
The study of the negative effects of the infection helped experts to come to the conclusion that the virus harms not only internal organs, but also the hair cover. According to the data, almost a quarter of people who have had covid suffer from hair loss have.
Alopecia manifests itself in different ways: Sometimes there is a pronounced hair loss, while in milder cases the hair loss is a little more severe than usual. The exact cause of the phenomenon has not yet been established. But it is assumed that «covid alopecia» There are a number of factors associated with hair loss.
Its appearance is provoked by:
- Circulatory disorders as a result of vascular lesions;
- Hypoxia and gas exchange disorders;
- intoxication caused by Covid-19;
- Iron deficiency due to changes in blood composition;
- stress triggered by the disease;
- Changes in hormonal background;
- Strong medications used to treat.
In such cases, it is important not to subject the strands to additional stresses – Do not color, curl or straighten your hair. Your dietary habits are important. Vitamin and mineral complexes will also help to correct the situation. Either way, the American Academy of Dermatology experts recommend not to worry: Hair loss stops within six months after recovery.
Only a trichologist can tell you exactly what vitamins to take for hair loss on a case-by-case basis. For this purpose, special tests are carried out, which give an answer, in what substances the body needs. Therefore, you should not choose vitamins on their own, it is necessary to get advice from a trichologist.
Hair condition depends on vitamins:
- А – controls the sebaceous glands and provides the elements necessary for hydration. Has a positive effect on the scalp;
- В1 – has no direct effect on the hair shaft. But by taking part in the regulation of metabolic processes, «cares» Ensures that the bulbs get all the nutrients;
- В3 – Provides oxygen to the cells. Supplies oxygen in the right amounts to the roots accelerates hair growth;
- Provitamin B5 (D-panthenol) – prevents the growth of fungi that cause dandruff. Protects against inflammation and irritation;
- В6 – This element is important for the proper supply of hormones, proteins, and fats for normal hair growth. If you lack the vitamin, strands fall out and grow slowly;
- H (Biotin) – «watches» For the development of hair follicles, and is also responsible for the condition of the skin. Its deficiency leads to alopecia;
- Е – Strengthens the immune system, which is important for normal hair growth. Protects strands from the negative effects of the sun;
- С – Provides absorption of iron (Fe), so that the hair becomes stronger, increasing in volume;
- F – Keeps hair cleaner, loses less hair falling out, and prevents split ends. The nutrient also protects against dandruff.
- Hair also needs minerals. Lack of sulfur (S), calcium (Ca) causes the hair follicles to weaken. Magnesium deficiency makes hair brittle. And zinc (Zn) deficiency leads to hair thinning.